Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: The Haul

The Haul

All feed back appreciated.

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: The Haul

It looks to me like you should have angled the shot to include more of the left side since he is now looking out of frame instead of into it. It might also help to contrast the hauled foliage with road, the foliage now blends in a bit much with the grass on the side.
    Just curious, is there a horse leading the tractor? It looks like hooves on the pavement in the center.

I have to say I LOVE the composition... but there's something going on with the colour and with the trees. In terms of the colour the white balance appears to be a tad off into the magenta end of the spectrum. The colours almost appear... "purple".

The trees look downright strange for some reason though. They look... blurry but in a strange way. Not bokeh since the blur seems uniform and blocky. If you added this blur after-the-fact... try and improve the masking so it doesn't look so abrupt. If this is just a result of the scene and the exposure then sadly it interrupts the flow. Perhaps vignetting it might remove the distracting blurry trees.
    --The camera's role is not to interfere with the photographer's work--

--Cibachrome: It's like printing on gold.

--Edit my photos as part of your commentary if you want to.--

The blurry palms was the first thing I noticed Liban, Did you add some camera blur if so do you have this shot without ? Also the grass seems to be more in focus than the guy driving.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Arne, good observation. yeah, had i had him more to the right, i think it might have worked better, i agree. yeah it was some sort of animal, most likely a horse could also be like an ox or something. thanks man.

fx, yeah, i notice the colour shift. maybe a tad too cyan. i'll definitely fix that for my final. the trees are because of the bokeh. i didn't touch them at all. i was using f1.4. yeah it's weird that it didn't give me the nice bokeh type circles. thank you.

Pete, no i didn't add any blur. i think you're right the focal plan is a tad bit ahead of the rider. thanks for your comment!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

there is a strange texture to the trees, especially close to the sky. What is that? Was this done in post or as shot?
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Thread Information