the fishermen

Printable View

• 10-22-2014, 06:56 PM
    n8
    1 Attachment(s)
    the fishermen
    Hello PR! It's been forever since I came by or posted, so I thought I would get back to it with this image I submitted for the local competition from the recent WWPW.
  • 10-22-2014, 09:20 PM
    GB1
    Re: the fishermen
    I like the shot N8, but the title is deceiving as you really have to look hard to see the fisherman :p. The shot is more about the sky and water. I do wish the fishermen were just a little bigger. It seems somewhat empty in the center but perhaps that's what makes it interesting, different ............
  • 10-23-2014, 08:02 PM
    ChancePhillips
    Very dramatic. The sky weighs down on everything
  • 10-26-2014, 07:27 PM
    arne saknussen
    If you click on the image to make it larger, the fisherman are quite clear. Nice silhouette. Very moody in a way. Excellent capture of early morning fog.
  • 11-06-2014, 06:20 AM
    Kayla Harris
    Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 View Post
    Hello PR! It's been forever since I came by or posted, so I thought I would get back to it with this image I submitted for the local competition from the recent WWPW.

Color of the sky and the whole picture gives a sense of mystery.
  • 11-19-2014, 04:13 AM
    keistosanter
    Colour of sky has really made it more attractive.
  • 12-17-2014, 04:54 AM
    robinchun
    I like it..dramatic and atmospheric with nice colours and tones though I would try to tone down the white/blown highlight, it attracts the eye and takes you away from the overall impact of the shot (imo)

Robin
  • 12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
    readingr
    What an atmospheric shot - I like this and the silhouette of the fisherman adds interest.

Have you considered toning down the blown out sky to make the focus on the fishermen rather than the sky?

Roger R.