Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

First pic of the sisters

This is the first photo I got of my 2 1/2 year old holding her new sister. I wish the baby had her eyes open, but you take what you can get at this age... pretty heavily modified in PS, including b/w conversion, selective use of history brush to bring back some pink in their outfits and then I applied "diffuse glow". Too much "sweetness"..?? Any and all comments welcome!
    Thanks, Eva
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First pic of the sisters-alex0607nikki04bwdgwhites.jpg  

Beware: Mom With Camera
    Awww, I like it! But I like soft portraits - and I think that it applies here. It makes me realize I need to really sit down with photoshop! LOL.

Your kids are adorable.
    Kate

Opinionated Newbie
    ChaosCubed -- I posted this on your thread about the outdoor lighting. Did you use PS History to make the flowers schow up in your photo?

Also, is "ChaosCubed" because you have 3 children?

Opinionated Newbie
    By the way. I like the phot very much. I need to break down and buy a copy of PS CS. The price tag is daunting.

Just the right amount of sweetness!

The diffused glow works nicely here, along with the pink. My only comment would be next time try light color pillows instead of the dark ones. That little patch of dark is distracting.

As a mom, I'd be pleased if I got one like this of mine.

adina
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thank you all!
    Adina, I about kicked myself for not thinking of the pillow before I took the pic... and the attentionspan/tolerance of the baby was up before I could get a piece of fabric to drape over it (my quick background fix for everything, LOL!). I've taken others of them since this, but nothing can get that *first* one back.
    Kate, I *love* PS, can't emphasize it enough..! ;)
    Yes, VERY expensive, but well worth it IMHO..! Todd, if you can get your hands on it, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it in a while..!
    Take care,
    Eva

I like this alot. Very soft, sweet dreamy mood. It sort of looks like an artists pencil or pastel rendering, the dark pillow does not bother me too much. A great piece of work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information