Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Photo for viewing

GB1

Re: Photo for viewing

Hi Tx - I like the way the flag stands out here and pokes above everything else. The bed of tree tops below it adds nicely to the shot, makes it appear like the flagpole is bursting through clouds. The utility wires are an obvious distraction, so I would crop those out - to me, the composition of the shot is still ok with that crop. Watch that horizon tilt, it might be aiming down to the right. I think the flag would have looked even more dominant if you could have gotten a little lower too, but that would have moved the wires up even farther.... So, nice shot as is.

Also, this is one shot where I think that centering the subject was totally appropriate.
    GB

I agree with GB. I hadn't even taken the wires into account so he makes a good point. And welcome to PR!
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Interesting point's of view, and here's a cropped one.

By the way, thats a military base in the background, behind the colorfull blue and green pillars, all the way from one edge of the picture to the other.

Last edited by TX2654; 02-14-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Thread Information