Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faded Memory

Re: Faded Memory

Yup... i guess that was the thing that really bugged me, and for whatever reason, i just couldn't see it!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Wow dude nice topic.. and nice snap.. It brought up my memories of old house.

Starting to think outside of the box icicle's Avatar

First off Congrats on the Featured Photo.

For me I really enjoy the mystery that could of been said about the place.
    If only them old walls could talk about the old times.
    I also agree about the chair being a distraction; However it does work to a degree, and I will try to explain it.
    the back of the chair is blown out a little bit, but the dark blue tends to break apart from the old well wall.
    The banister rails to me leans toward the early Victorian style, and that the original owner had great taste and money back in the day.
    I only wished there was a little more detail in the post of the banister.
    as far as the litter goes it only shows how little the new owner cares about the place.
    All in all I like it.
    Feel Free to edit my photos, However please explain what you did to them.

rutherdbrown - Thanks man!

icicle - thanks for the in depth details... much appreciated... actually i passed by this weekend, there was a sign up.... the place is up for sale or investment.. if only i had the money... but at least i should be able to get back in for a quick shoot next week!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Agreed the modifications do improve the image. When I saw this, though, the title "Faded Memory" grated on me a little. Not that it is inaccurate, and I really appreciate where you are coming from, but for me "Faded Memories" is much more appropriate. This image conjures not only one faded memory but potentially many. My apologies for the bit of rambling but I am realizing, as I decided to post, how important a Title can be. Because when I see this image I see the Faded Memory sitting amongst many Faded Memories.

OK - so with that out of the way :blush2: definitely the color version. Those blues make the initial impact but, as in a good image, other things come into play once the initial impact has been digested and one's eye wanders around the image.

So much to see here! I can take many areas of the image and relate them to - well - whatever. Books, movies, personal memories etc. But there are so many Faded Memories in that shot it is truly wonderful.
    ...Michael ... ("Realart" is not a reflection of my photography. It is the company that re-released the great old Universal horror films in the 1950's.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information