Facepaint

Printable View

• 01-28-2014, 12:31 PM
    CLKunst
    1 Attachment(s)
    Facepaint
    Here's another from my Head Games exercise...
    Comments and critique welcomed, suggestions cheerfully explored.

Attachment 92694
  • 01-28-2014, 04:27 PM
    hminx
    Re: Facepaint
    I think this is an awesome development of your head theme Cindy, I do like the way you have composed this. Only thing I would like to try is to put the two halves on separate layers and experiment with separate light levels and saturation amounts.
  • 01-28-2014, 08:30 PM
    armando_m
    Absolutely wonderful! very creative ! love it
  • 01-29-2014, 09:11 AM
    mattb
    I like this too.
    I'd be tempted to try some kind of light source like a candle as well to cast shadows or project more color.

This is a good direction. Keep experimenting with the theme!
  • 01-30-2014, 04:49 PM
    CLKunst
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thank you for the encouragement guys! Here's a small variation on view height and exposure that's brighter.
    Attachment 92696
  • 02-03-2014, 11:52 AM
    zoelav1221
    Very nice.
  • 02-06-2014, 07:56 AM
    CLKunst
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zoelav1221 View Post
    Very nice.

Hey Zoe! Thanks for your comment and welcome to the critique forum!

If you would like to elaborate on what specifically works for you or if you prefer the edit over the original that would be extremely helpful. We're all here to learn from how others view our work so the more detail you can include in your critique the more helpful it is to all of us who would like to consider your point of view.
  • 02-13-2014, 09:01 PM
    valzi
    I like your first version much better. The brighter variation seems too bright, and the saturation is a bit assualting. The image itself is fun. I agree with mattb about light source experimentation. The original might do nicely with more color, but postprocessing it isn't accomplishing that as well as a shooting it again would.
  • 03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
    sarasm
    Yes, I agree.