Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    learning member

expressions ( note - nobody was harmed during this photosession !)

I took this photo of the kids playing. I liked the different expressions on their faces !
    Please comment .

Regards
    james
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails expressions ( note - nobody was harmed during this photosession !)-lizelle1.jpg  

Re: expressions ( note - nobody was harmed during this photosession !)

James,
    You captured a fun moment. This image brings a smile to my face as it just looks like so much fun and energy. I remember another of yours a while back with kids playing and was also quite good. Seems you have a forte in this type of shot. Hmm, the only thing that may bother me a bit is not seeing the full arch on top or some more of the landing area. Maybe a vertical shot of this would have captured just a bit more to my personal liking. But regardless, this is a great catch for the moment is here and gone in seconds. . .and you froze it in time forever. Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

learning member

Hello Gary

Thank you for looking and commenting !
    I never thought of capturing the top of the arch as well . You are right there , i also think it could have make a difference if the whole arch was captured ! I will remember next time !
    I like to capture the kids when they are playing - they were having so much fun that they did not even notice me while taking the photo's , and their expressions came out naturally !

Regards
    james

Kids at play can be very amusing and powerful, in a positive entertaining way. And you seen to have a knack for catching those great moments. Maybe a whole series of " kids at play" would make a great volume. Just improve a bit on the technicals. like the frame up. .(a wider angle lens shot at vertical to include the botom landing area or the top of the arch) . if your using ps try an auto-levels adjustment. . .and some of these type of shots converted to b&w could be very effective as well. Look forward to more of these from you
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

learning member

Gary ,

You have a good idea of making a series of " kids at play " ! I never thought of that .
    It could be a very good challenge doing that . I will also try to improve by using your guidelines .
    Thank you for taking time for looking and commenting

Regards
    james

Thread Information