Evening in Prague

Printable View

• 08-14-2010, 11:29 PM
    LeeIs
    Evening in Prague
  • 08-15-2010, 05:47 AM
    arne saknussen
    Re: Evening in Prague
    This definitely works for me. The focus on the subject, but still including it's environment is very striking. I love the way some of the surrounding buildings seem to fade into the background.
  • 08-15-2010, 08:28 AM
    armando_m
    Very nice shot!

I kept wishing to see further down
  • 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM
    LeeIs
    Thanks guys!

Armando, there was a bridge there with people. It annoyed me so i cropped them. you're not missing much.
  • 08-15-2010, 09:47 PM
    daq7
    It is so gorgeous, I want to divorce my wife and move in with it.
  • 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
    GB1
    I can see what you are going for here Liban. I think there was something in the foreground that didn't work, so you went for that wider aspect ratio, and the multiple layers of the background and middle ground really help. Two things that give me pause: the main dome seems to be tilting CCW, so please fix that. And I also don't know if I like the way the structure at the middle bottom appears to be cut off. Not sure you can do anything about that. Nice colors.

G
  • 08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
    draymorton
    I always welcome the opportunity to live vicariously through your travel photos. :D

The colors and comp here are striking.
  • 08-17-2010, 11:57 AM
    daq7
    I think the blue against the gold is really quite stunning, but I am not sure the tower outline on the right helps the shot. Having the shot be wider is good, but I think the looming tower kind of constricts it.
  • 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
    LeeIs
    lol daq, sadly this one doesn't cook breakfast ;-)

GB,thanks for pointing out the tilt. I'll fix that. I really usually don't use crazy crops like this one, but i really liked what was going on the top of this photo. The bottom was really busy with people. so i went for an unusual crop to try to fix it. Yeah, I can't add anything to the bottom of this without bringing back some craziness.

Seth, thank you. I hope to add to it :-)