Essentials
    C&Cs welcome

Gb

Edit - The website added some additional white space to the right :(
  • 09-12-2011, 10:26 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Essentials
    I don't at all care for the black frame here, but to better show the placement I added it in this version.
  • 09-13-2011, 12:43 AM
    AgingEyes
    The sans-frame one is better IMO. If you want a frame, I think a thinner one would work better.

And you need to put something there near the top...like the name of a magazine or something :)
  • 09-13-2011, 10:13 PM
    GB1
    Thanks AE. I don't want a frame at all. I just slapped one on there because I didn't like how the forums page messed up my negative space. There's definitely many possibilities for this one's surroundings - text, graduated background, larger, etc. I will think on it ......................

G

Ps - I was shooting for a Fibonacci series 'swirl' negative space.
  • 09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
    LeeIs
    so weird seeing just eyes and a mouth.
  • 09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
    armando_m
    When I just open this I see the eyes, and I like it
    the scroll down and see the mouth, and I do not like the partly open position

How about adding a view of the tip of the nose and nostrils ?
  • 09-15-2011, 08:31 AM
    GB1
    Thanks Amigos. I don't expect my artsy image edits to be universally-liked, and the lack of a nose may bother some. It doesn't bother me personally, as I feel that the most important things that most people look at in a portrait are the eyes and mouth.

Armando, I can post another version with the nose later. I do feel that the eyes alone 'work', and I also feel that the mouth alone works, but do they work together? Hard to say. This one has a lot of possibilities for artsy arrangements. Also, do you really not like the mouth's position? I think it's one of the strongest mouth-lips images I've ever shot, but, again, that's subjective.
  • 09-17-2011, 04:35 AM
    jetrim
    Not feelin' it without some hint of a nose GB. doesn't need to be much, just enough to let us know it's there. Eyes alone work very well.
  • 09-20-2011, 08:47 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ok guys, here's a version with a hint of the nose. Not sure it has the same emotional impact imho, but maybe it looks more normal. Somehow though, the lips and eyes don't see as full here though. I have so many versions of this one.

G
  • 09-21-2011, 04:13 AM
    armando_m
    I really like this last edit :)
  • 09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by armando_m View Post
    I really like this last edit :)

Glad to hear it looks better to you. I guess not having a nose is somewhat extreme ... :)