Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Seb

Central park flashback...

Now this is something I have submitted on the viewfinder few months ago but I felt like giving it another run here to hear your thought.

regards

Seb
    Last edited by Seb; 04-08-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Central park flashback...

Hey Seb,

I love it. I really like the DOF and the one sharp tulip. I also think that the b&w treatment works quite well with this image, but I'm wondering what a color version would look like. Don't post one tho, cause I know I will like this one better. There doesn't seem to be a lot of contrast in this image, but I really think that adds to the softness and the mood of this shot.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Hi Seb,
    I like it. I like the triangle form by the right tulip and the other 2 on the left. I wish to see other triangles in the arrangement to echo the triangle I mentioned, but it is my preference. Nice shot!.
    yoyo

Seb, this is very nice and the b&w works . good detail in the foremost tulip. The dark flower behind the main one seems to be crowding a bit and I think it's because of its deep shadow along with it being taller.A dodge brush set to shadows could air it out some and give it more a faded bg feel. This is only a nit and opinion of course. you have a fine image here. btw, I remember Nina telling me about this one you posted on viewfinder when you got back from visiting here. She liked it alot. I see why.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Hi Seb,
    I like it all as is. Very pleasant to look at for a while.

Is all the bg blur from the lens wide open? If so, nice lens. Also, good job at the PP to keep the blur from getting noisy.

BR,
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Not much to add. What a wonderful image!

PG

Very nice, Seb. Framing/perspective/crop, DOF, tonality and detail - all well done.

Tuna

I remember this pic. I still like it. Flowers are typically well represented in color often times but you worked the b & w here. I really like how that flower in the front looks. It stands out & looks so well defined but also fits in with the other flowers making a nice image. Great shot.
    ~Nina~

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Now this is something I have submitted on the viewfinder few months ago but I felt like giving it another run here to hear your thought.

regards

Seb
    Hello guys, thanks for commenting.

This was shot with my Tamron 28-75mm XR di at 75mm (f/2,8 iso 200) and there was no post processing beside the b&w conversion and some selective sharpening on the main tulip after compressing the picture for web displaying so yes, the lense did almost all the job.

Truthfully, I don't really like the original color version so I don't intend to submit unless someone is truly interested to see it.

best regards

Seb

Thread Information