Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Lake Sunset

New York State Of Mind. J-Dogg Productions's Avatar

Lake Sunset

I Dont Know How This Is Gonna Look Because It Looks Fine On My Pc But On My Brothers Its Alot Lighter But Tell Me What You Think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Sunset-lake-sunset.jpg  

Re: Lake Sunset

I enjoy this photo. I like how the lines of the cloud and the line of the dock point towards the setting sun. There is something about the contrast of the image that I think could be tweeked.

thx for the comment yea i messed with it in photoshop and i have the picture darker adn the sun golden more but when i put that picture of my brothers computer screen it looks really bad so i just posted the original but ill post an edited one later

Good to see another Yankee fan here. I like this shot a lot. It has that quiet sunset on the lake feel.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg Productions
    I Dont Know How This Is Gonna Look Because It Looks Fine On My Pc But On My Brothers Its Alot Lighter But Tell Me What You Think
    This is the kind of shot that cries out for more colour in the sky and more detail in the foreground.

Ronnoco

Yea I Edited One For My Pc It Looks Good On My Screen Because I Like My Screen Darker But On Lighter Screens You Can See Where I Dodged The Dock But Here It Is

The Sky Is More Orange And Picture Is Darker As For The Forground I Kinda Like The Siloett look But Thats Just Me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Sunset-lake-sunset-lighter.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg Productions
    The Sky Is More Orange And Picture Is Darker As For The Forground I Kinda Like The Siloett look But Thats Just Me
    The problem photographically is that too much silhouette makes it a bad thing. Silhouette needs to be balanced with the right amount of detail and there is too little detail on the left side of your photo.

Ronnoco

Thread Information