Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

New here as well

Been looking for places to get feedback on my photos and constructive criticism, and this is one of the first places I've found!

Just recently I went to Yosemite and got some really nice photos (hopefully!) and marvelled in the place for a week. It was great.

This photo here is probably my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsputnik
    Been looking for places to get feedback on my photos and constructive criticism, and this is one of the first places I've found!

Just recently I went to Yosemite and got some really nice photos (hopefully!) and marvelled in the place for a week. It was great.

This photo here is probably my favourite.

Welcome!

Good composition. Placing the large mountain off to the side keeps the eye moving inside the frame, the brain gets bored very quickly with symetry.

The lighting could be better, ealry morning or late afternoon light tends to be less harsh. Was this a scan? The sky is blown out, possibly due to porr scanning, overexposure due to time of day, or both.

Keep it up, this is not bad at all.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thank you!

I'm not really very good with figuring out the lighting thing so far. It was very sunny every day I was there, and it can be a little hard with a non-SLR to get the exact lighting for a photo. I'm using a digital camera, so no need for scans there. I probably didn't quite get the exposure compensation right, but it's a little bit difficult sometimes with so much light! I was doing a lot of walking so I couldn't camp in one spot for hours and wait, which would be the case were it a professional shot.

Welcome,
    I agree with Seb , you have composed this shot very well. Nicely framed. It is blown out to an extent, but I think this is typical of a point and shoot digital camera, from my experience with one doing landscape type shots with a p&s digital camera I had bought a few years ago.
    Looks to me like you have a good eye for framing shots, look forward to seeing more.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

We just can't have nice things... darkrainfall's Avatar
    It looks hazy on my monitor, but I agree with previous posts, the composition is good and I particularly like the waterful off to the side. *smile* Good pic, given the P&S dig. camera. Might I suggest seeing if you have any manual functions on the dig camera, or a setting for such bright conditions...
    Anyway, welcome and I look forward to seeing more posts by you.

I had a stab at making the photo look a little less blown-out and overexposed - This is probably about the best I can do for the time being!

Thread Information