• 05-26-2014, 01:16 PM
    DMG
    3 Attachment(s)
    Eighth Post (DMG) Some of my day in downtown Boston.
    Thank you for all the support thus far! Comments welcome :)
  • 05-26-2014, 07:01 PM
    Lava Lamp
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Eighth Post (DMG) Some of my day in downtown Boston.
    I took your good flag photo and 1) straightened it a little, 2) cropped it, and 3) increased the sharpness and contrast. I'm reposting it so you can see the impact of the changes. I am taking a liberty to do that with your photo and will happily delete it if you wish. It just seemed like the best way to "show" you what I might suggest.

I think it isolates your subject better and makes for a more impactful photo. Just one person's thought....

Attachment 92995
  • 05-26-2014, 07:49 PM
    DMG
    Thank you. Feel free to do so. I don't mind. I'm very much a visual learner lol. I do have a cropped/straightened version that I now see I should've posted! I only realized after submitting the thread that I should have done a few things to it. Kinda glad I was on the right track. Thank you for being such a great sport and responding to my threads. I appreciate your input.
  • 05-26-2014, 09:21 PM
    armando_m
    The composition in all three is either to tight or to loose, there is not enough context , or not close enough

Personally I would hae gone wider in all three, show more of the building in 1, the ground on 2 and 3