Egg on the Window

Printable View

• 02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
    Spike
    1 Attachment(s)
    Egg on the Window
    I was making french toast this weekend, and liked the way the egg and milk looked, so I grabbed my camera for an impromptu shoot. I have a whole series, but I won't bore you with the rest. This is my favorite. What do you think?

Casio QV2800

Spike
  • 02-03-2004, 11:07 PM
    2kids2shoot
    Fresh eggs
    Spike

I love the contrast of the almost orange of the egg with just a hint of blue beyond the rim. I also like the way the natural and canned lights look reflected in the egg. And the framing keeps what could be boring subject really interesting. Did I say I really liked it? I do!
  • 02-04-2004, 08:23 AM
    Chunk
    Nice shotSpike. I'd crop out the bright blue on top.
  • 02-04-2004, 06:36 PM
    natatbeach
    I agree
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    Nice shotSpike. I'd crop out the bright blue on top.

the only distarcting element is that window up there...

I love it...house photography...I still think there should be a coffee table book about objects in a home eggs to dishes to pbj sandwiches to tiles on the ground...

I really enjoyed looking at this shot.
  • 02-05-2004, 04:18 AM
    teddeady
    The reflections of both window and lights gives the high-gloss, but the bubbles give it life. Great photo!
  • 02-05-2004, 09:04 AM
    Spike
    Thanks!
    To those who replied - I appreciate your feedback. :)

Spike
  • 02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
    MelissaD
    Really neat shot with excellent lighting and DOF! This might sound crazy, but instead of cropping the bright blue, I'd try cropping the bottom to just a bit below the egg. The colors really pop that way and it gives it a bit more of an abstract feel. I think the bottom just has too much empty space this way. Good eye!
    Mel