Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Eau Potable Et Eau Non Potable

I want to tie these two images together somehow for printing, wondering if cropping the Non potable to portrait shape is best way to go about it, or there are other options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eau Potable Et Eau Non Potable-eau-potable.jpg   Eau Potable Et Eau Non Potable-non-potable.jpg  
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Re: Eau Potable Et Eau Non Potable

When you say you "want to tie these two images together," do you mean into a single composition, or something different? If you are keeping them separate, I see no problem with having on in landscape and the other in portrait orientation. Do you have another shot of the non-potable with a little more foreground and maybe a little wider? As-is, its a lot more confined and less descriptive of the context than the potable, and I think they'd go together better if both had similar breathing room.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Thanks Ken, I do have slightly wider non potable shot, I'll set to work on that at some stage. I tried this as a portrait crop but it looked a little weird so I'll do one as a landscape and the other as a portrait and see how they hang together.
    Pete

GB1

Hey Pete - They seem so different in angle, lighting, and composition, I don't know if you can tie them together. (Maybe.) The first one's a tad tight for me, but maybe you can play with the composition and adjust it. Sometimes cutting off a bit of the subject *adds* to the expanse of the shot. The bottom one's a tad tight also: did you crop after shooting, and if so, can you post a pic of the original(s)?

btw, the title to this post drives me nuts I guess I never understood Latin.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks GB, these were taken in a small village in southern France apologies in advance for any abuse of a cool language, but I think Eau - water, Potable - drinkable, Et - and.

I do have a slightly wider Non potable shot, but what ya sees is what ya gets with the potable shot I'm afraid. A reshoot, though desirable, is not an option for a few years ....
    Pete

Thread Information