• 03-10-2006, 06:01 AM
    Harry Hing
    Duo
    http://www.nottspcservices.co.uk/assets/images/duo.jpg

This is a modern photograph, taken a few years ago
  • 03-10-2006, 08:18 AM
    CLKunst
    Re: Duo
    Great capture Harry! I've gone back in time man!! I really like the shapes of the bicycles and it definitely made me check twice. The choice of black and white sells this and makes it look like it was done at the turn of the century.
  • 03-10-2006, 08:23 AM
    Lava Lamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Hing
    http://www.nottspcservices.co.uk/assets/images/duo.jpg

This is a modern photograph, taken a few years ago

I thought the UK was much more adavanced...;)

Nicely laid-out picture that takes us back, doesn't it?
  • 03-10-2006, 10:37 AM
    photophorous
    Great catch!. Very interesting subject matter. With all the bike enthusiasts on this site, I'm suprised you haven't gotten more responses. I almost want to say it's too bad the shot isn't a little sharper, but then it wouldn't have that old fashioned look. So, I like it just the way it is.

Paul
  • 03-10-2006, 01:35 PM
    Harry Hing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photophorous
    Great catch!. Very interesting subject matter. With all the bike enthusiasts on this site, I'm suprised you haven't gotten more responses. I almost want to say it's too bad the shot isn't a little sharper, but then it wouldn't have that old fashioned look. So, I like it just the way it is.

Paul

Interesting observation. In this instance The image was sharp, and then softened a little to capture the effect
  • 03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
    sweetdeal22
    great shot!!

are you going to tell the story behind it?

if not... i can always dream one up.

once again, great shot, nice contrast, awesome moment. :D
  • 03-10-2006, 02:38 PM
    McMadCow
    Just wanted to chime in here that I like this shot. The composition could use a little more direction in my opinion, but I really enjoy everything else about it. Great work!
  • 03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
    Harry Hing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetdeal22
    great shot!!

are you going to tell the story behind it?

if not... i can always dream one up.

once again, great shot, nice contrast, awesome moment. :D

I was asked to make a series of prints for an exhibition, as a retrospective

The location is Wadesdon Mannor In Buckinghamshire, UK. The bikes were all period, the costumes all hand made etc... The composition was a little tricky - basically avoiding modern things like bins and signage

The pictures were taken on a old coolpix 995, but I took 35mm film as well. When I processed the shots I referenced back to photography of the period to get the right levels of softness etc