1 Attachment(s)
    Dune
    Comments welcome.

G

Attachment 93262
  • 04-26-2015, 03:38 PM
    Sky737
    Re: Dune
    Highly impressive! Love the picture, and great quality.
  • 04-26-2015, 09:06 PM
    GB1
    Thanks Sky. Got luck on this one. I had it on my hard drive for years before I noticed it btw, goes to show what happens when you take too many digital shots.
  • 04-27-2015, 02:53 PM
    nemanjad
    Sweet shoot of sand Dune.. like it it looks some how like stairs on botom part of photo
  • 04-28-2015, 04:41 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nemanjad View Post
    Sweet shoot of sand Dune.. like it it looks some how like stairs on botom part of photo

Thanks Nemanjad. I didn't consciously see the stairs, but now that you say it, I knew there was something like that there.

Shooting in dunes is fun, but there are a lot of little things that make it hard, like footprints, tire tracks (it's an off-roading area), power lines, etc. So many times you see a good composition but can't shoot it, esp in Yuma! This one was down between two dunes, so it was less disturbed.
  • 05-04-2015, 12:55 PM
    readingr
    GB,

I love the composition on this shot, and the way all the waves in the sand point to the smooth sand apex.

Might also look superb in high contrast B&W,

Roger R.
  • 05-10-2015, 08:39 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by readingr View Post
    GB,

I love the composition on this shot, and the way all the waves in the sand point to the smooth sand apex.

Might also look superb in high contrast B&W,

Roger R.

Thanks Roger. The black and white didn't even occur to me, so yes, I will try your idea. I have gotten a number of 'dune' shots over the years, but this one's the most different, I think ... it just looks alien :)

Glad to see you're still active here somewhat. Most folks have obviously moved on. I miss the excellent feedback which I think I had taken for granted; you just don't get many useful comments on Facebook :D

G
  • 05-10-2015, 08:45 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's a black and white version, with another trick or two. It might be too dark,.. not sure

Attachment 93267
  • 05-23-2015, 03:41 PM
    readingr
    GB sorry for the slow response but work has been getting in the way again.

I think the B&W works terrific and is very moody. However, I think it needs a tad of brightening and some dodging in the top left to bring out the ripples just off the left corner.

I really like this shot.

Roger R.
  • 05-25-2015, 02:26 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by readingr View Post
    GB sorry for the slow response but work has been getting in the way again.

I think the B&W works terrific and is very moody. However, I think it needs a tad of brightening and some dodging in the top left to bring out the ripples just off the left corner.

I really like this shot.

Roger R.

Thanks Roger. I hear ya on work commitments - annoying :)

I think the b&w expt is OK but loses too much information in the corners, the bottom ones in addition to the upper right. This is such a puzzling shot; crazy geometrics, alien-looking, incomplete.. and I'm not sure there's much one can do to take care of the last adjective. Maybe I will just print it out on aluminum and put it on a wall somewhere, a coffee shop maybe, where it can totally drive the clientele crazy :D

G
  • 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM
    readingr
    Sounds a good plan, especially with the B&W as this is an intriguing view and would make me sit look and think..

Roger R.
  • 05-28-2015, 01:31 PM
    rdwalton
    Nice work. I like the B&W version.
  • 06-24-2015, 02:01 PM
    pstar
    nice shot.
  • 07-05-2015, 09:08 PM
    vemodalenphotos
    Nice lines on this one!
  • 11-10-2018, 08:41 AM
    Tommy_C
    how beautiful the light falls!
  • 11-11-2018, 03:01 PM
    Tilda123
    As a professional photographer, I can confidently tell you that you have a talent and you are bound to associate your life with photography. Your photos are just amazing. I am confident that you must take part in the exhibition of photographers in Canada next month. But printing your photos must be done with expensive and high-quality paints and a professional printer. I myself have long bought my printer and the best paint and now I can not worry about the quality of my printed photos. Do not be afraid, buying a printer and paints will not be expensive if you use coupons at a discount. https://www.firstordercode.com/shop/123ink.ca Good luck
  • 01-17-2019, 12:44 PM
    Marinad
    wooow it is amazing!
  • 02-21-2020, 01:55 AM
    YoungHope
    Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
    Thanks to the warm, happy hearts that have helped me, to help me spread my meaningful love message.?? geometry dash
  • 06-14-2020, 05:41 PM
    HarryWoolls
    Re: Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
    The motivation is the first level loyality. The Nike is the biggest brand because it associated the customers with there all needs and keep them connected and consider. To Click Here promotes the branding and advices to stick to the brand.
  • 10-05-2020, 04:04 PM
    SpencerCameron
    This is the great idea to specify the names to each the beads. And now it is easy for one to purchase them according to their own needs. Even the boys can also made selection easily and https://sunshinecoastpainter.com.au/ make their girlfriends happy with them. You should add some more colors and words on them.