1 Attachment(s)
    Dune
    Comments welcome.

G

Attachment 93262
  • 04-26-2015, 03:38 PM
    Sky737
    Re: Dune
    Highly impressive! Love the picture, and great quality.
  • 04-26-2015, 09:06 PM
    GB1
    Thanks Sky. Got luck on this one. I had it on my hard drive for years before I noticed it btw, goes to show what happens when you take too many digital shots.
  • 04-27-2015, 02:53 PM
    nemanjad
    Sweet shoot of sand Dune.. like it it looks some how like stairs on botom part of photo
  • 04-28-2015, 04:41 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nemanjad View Post
    Sweet shoot of sand Dune.. like it it looks some how like stairs on botom part of photo

Thanks Nemanjad. I didn't consciously see the stairs, but now that you say it, I knew there was something like that there.

Shooting in dunes is fun, but there are a lot of little things that make it hard, like footprints, tire tracks (it's an off-roading area), power lines, etc. So many times you see a good composition but can't shoot it, esp in Yuma! This one was down between two dunes, so it was less disturbed.
  • 05-04-2015, 12:55 PM
    readingr
    GB,

I love the composition on this shot, and the way all the waves in the sand point to the smooth sand apex.

Might also look superb in high contrast B&W,

Roger R.
  • 05-10-2015, 08:39 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by readingr View Post
    GB,

I love the composition on this shot, and the way all the waves in the sand point to the smooth sand apex.

Might also look superb in high contrast B&W,

Roger R.

Thanks Roger. The black and white didn't even occur to me, so yes, I will try your idea. I have gotten a number of 'dune' shots over the years, but this one's the most different, I think ... it just looks alien :)

Glad to see you're still active here somewhat. Most folks have obviously moved on. I miss the excellent feedback which I think I had taken for granted; you just don't get many useful comments on Facebook :D

G
  • 05-10-2015, 08:45 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's a black and white version, with another trick or two. It might be too dark,.. not sure

Attachment 93267
  • 05-23-2015, 03:41 PM
    readingr
    GB sorry for the slow response but work has been getting in the way again.

I think the B&W works terrific and is very moody. However, I think it needs a tad of brightening and some dodging in the top left to bring out the ripples just off the left corner.

I really like this shot.

Roger R.
  • 05-25-2015, 02:26 PM
    GB1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by readingr View Post
    GB sorry for the slow response but work has been getting in the way again.

I think the B&W works terrific and is very moody. However, I think it needs a tad of brightening and some dodging in the top left to bring out the ripples just off the left corner.

I really like this shot.

Roger R.

Thanks Roger. I hear ya on work commitments - annoying :)

I think the b&w expt is OK but loses too much information in the corners, the bottom ones in addition to the upper right. This is such a puzzling shot; crazy geometrics, alien-looking, incomplete.. and I'm not sure there's much one can do to take care of the last adjective. Maybe I will just print it out on aluminum and put it on a wall somewhere, a coffee shop maybe, where it can totally drive the clientele crazy :D

G
  • 05-27-2015, 02:54 PM
    readingr
    Sounds a good plan, especially with the B&W as this is an intriguing view and would make me sit look and think..

Roger R.
  • 05-28-2015, 01:31 PM
    rdwalton
    Nice work. I like the B&W version.
  • 06-24-2015, 02:01 PM
    pstar
    nice shot.
  • 07-05-2015, 09:08 PM
    vemodalenphotos
    Nice lines on this one!
  • 11-10-2018, 08:41 AM
    Tommy_C
    how beautiful the light falls!
  • 11-11-2018, 03:01 PM
    Tilda123
    As a professional photographer, I can confidently tell you that you have a talent and you are bound to associate your life with photography. Your photos are just amazing. I am confident that you must take part in the exhibition of photographers in Canada next month. But printing your photos must be done with expensive and high-quality paints and a professional printer. I myself have long bought my printer and the best paint and now I can not worry about the quality of my printed photos. Do not be afraid, buying a printer and paints will not be expensive if you use coupons at a discount. https://www.firstordercode.com/shop/123ink.ca Good luck
  • 01-17-2019, 12:44 PM
    Marinad
    wooow it is amazing!