Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Dreamliner

drg

Dreamliner

Boeing is starting production, so it was time to post this.

A study in promotional design.

C&C welcome.

CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Dreamliner

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the photo but don't know how a car promotes an airplane. But then there is a lot of advertising and promotion I don't get.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The only thing I see is the lower marker light hanging in the picture. I think I would either include it or take it out. This is a very minor issue. I feel the focus, DOF, subject and colors are great. I like the angle as it leads the eye thru the shot.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

drg

Frog & Greg,

Thanks for looking and taking time to comment.

Boeing apparently commisioned a lot of different things like cars, boats, big tents, parachutes, to be emblazoned with the color/design scheme as part of their worldwide campaign for the new plane.

As they didn't actually have a 'plane' they used other things including using existing 7xx series planes with the scheme to promote sales. They will sell far more of these in foreign markets than here, so the advertising is quite diverse.

Greg, one version of this does have more of the directional light and another doesn't. I picked this one to show as much as any for the overall proportion and how the color study worked. Some for publication are 'odd' sizes of course. There are some versions with the whole car I may post in the gallery.

Good eye to catch that and I appreciate the commentary. That's what I'm generally looking for as I pull these from the archives after not have looked at them for few months.

Thanks again!
    CDPrice 'drg'

drg, i would agree with the marker light comment, but other than that it looks well. One thing also, it just feels like very hard, direct lighting hitting this from the heavy shadow underneath. I would have liked to see the tire defined more off the ground without the deep shadow blending it into blackness. Overall an great angle and good looking image.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

drg

Gary,

Thank you very much for you comments and taking time.

The shadows are indeed as a result of hard light. For show purposes the interior of the wheel well was painted very flat black and it was difficult to illuminate the tires without getting some annoying and distracting highlights.

I believe there are some other shots with better tire definition.

Do you or any one else have any concerns or preferrence in seeing an entire vehicle as opposed to sections like this? I mentioned that this shoot was to show off the design from Boeing and not necessarilly this auto.

Would more, or all the car visible change the impact do you believe?

I've got one other image I am considering posting of the entire car on the striped field background. Interest ? ?

Thanks again.
    CDPrice 'drg'

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    Gary,

Thank you very much for you comments and taking time.

The shadows are indeed as a result of hard light. For show purposes the interior of the wheel well was painted very flat black and it was difficult to illuminate the tires without getting some annoying and distracting highlights.

I believe there are some other shots with better tire definition.

Do you or any one else have any concerns or preferrence in seeing an entire vehicle as opposed to sections like this? I mentioned that this shoot was to show off the design from Boeing and not necessarilly this auto.

Would more, or all the car visible change the impact do you believe?

I've got one other image I am considering posting of the entire car on the striped field background. Interest ? ?

Thanks again.
    I'm certainly interested in seeing the other shot/s. I think that in making this about Boeing, the section shot that you presented here works wel for that. I am not sure that showing the whole car would work best for the "Boeing Agenda", but I would like to see what it looks like.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

GB1

Well done. A lot of blue!

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

drg

GB thanks for the comments! This was one set of images that got me thinking about the blue comments in the Art forum in the past few months.

And without further ado, other than to say the whole car photo isn't exactly the one I was looking for last night (it is but I could not find the right version yet) here is a slightly different version incorporating suggestions and comments from everyone's posts and a photo of how the whole car looked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dreamliner-dlv11b.jpg   Dreamliner-dlv3.jpg  
    CDPrice 'drg'

dr...........I'm beginning to see what you mean when shooting automobiles. Thanks for your help.
    John

Ahh...thanks for the "entire car" drg. I much prefer the smaller version..but I needed the entire one to compare.

Thread Information