Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Don't fight over me

From the San Diego zoo the other day. These guys went at it for a good 5-10 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't fight over me-_dsc8252_px800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Re: Don't fight over me

LOL I love this, the look on her face is great!

Very good composition. I wish the background were more blurred. Well done!
    yoyo

I think it looks fine just like it is. As far as the back needing more blur I think it is fine due to the fact it is not distracting for me. I not sure with the placement of the animals if the background could be blurred without messing up the animal in the rear anyway, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shooting animals is always tuff, looks good. The back ground works for this picture.

The only thing that kinda distracts me is that the forground animal is off center with the 2 in front, but working with wild animals you get what you can get when you can.

Main problem here is that the ground and background (which needs further blurring perhaps) colours are too close to that of the animals; not a lot you could have done about though.
    Other than that though it is a nice shot.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

GB1

Thanks everyone.

Tom, I agree about the background and subject colors issue, but like you mentioned not much I could do.. It was just one of those opps that presents itself.

Yoyo, I wonder if any more blur and she would have faded out? (as Jeff mentioned). Maybe a tad less would have worked.

Lori, that expression is funny.. Not sure what to make of it. If it were a HUMAN I would, but it may be normal for these critters.

Skip, I see what you mean. It turns out that I shot about 20 shots of this scene and some have her centered more. But then the fighting critters aren't in as good as position. I think this one is the best for that reason.

Jeff, thanks too.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

It is a very nice shot. I like the comp, unique shadow play here as well.The center is like a referee ready to step in if things get out of hand.The colors,well... That's how camouflage-in-nature works so to speak. Good comments / feedback.
    You did a really good job here. Just my thoughts.

Rick

MB1

Off Center

Quote Originally Posted by SkipT
    .. The only thing that kinda distracts me is that the forground animal is off center with the 2 in front, but working with wild animals you get what you can get when you can.
    Yes indeed, I so want the OP to have taken 1 step to the right.....

It is good but it could have been fantastic.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Thread Information