Don't fight over me

Printable View

• 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Don't fight over me
    From the San Diego zoo the other day. These guys went at it for a good 5-10 minutes. :rolleyes:
  • 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
    Lori11
    Re: Don't fight over me
    LOL I love this, the look on her face is great!
  • 09-09-2008, 04:45 AM
    Yoyo Szeto
    Very good composition. I wish the background were more blurred. Well done!
    yoyo
  • 09-09-2008, 05:12 AM
    Grandpaw
    I think it looks fine just like it is. As far as the back needing more blur I think it is fine due to the fact it is not distracting for me. I not sure with the placement of the animals if the background could be blurred without messing up the animal in the rear anyway, Jeff
  • 09-09-2008, 06:14 AM
    SkipT
    Shooting animals is always tuff, looks good. The back ground works for this picture.

The only thing that kinda distracts me is that the forground animal is off center with the 2 in front, but working with wild animals you get what you can get when you can.
  • 09-09-2008, 06:24 AM
    Overbeyond
    Main problem here is that the ground and background (which needs further blurring perhaps) colours are too close to that of the animals; not a lot you could have done about though.
    Other than that though it is a nice shot.
  • 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
    GB1
    Thanks everyone.

Tom, I agree about the background and subject colors issue, but like you mentioned not much I could do.. It was just one of those opps that presents itself.

Yoyo, I wonder if any more blur and she would have faded out? (as Jeff mentioned). Maybe a tad less would have worked.

Lori, that expression is funny.. Not sure what to make of it. If it were a HUMAN I would, but it may be normal for these critters.

Skip, I see what you mean. It turns out that I shot about 20 shots of this scene and some have her centered more. But then the fighting critters aren't in as good as position. I think this one is the best for that reason.

Jeff, thanks too.
  • 09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
    starriderrick
    It is a very nice shot. I like the comp, unique shadow play here as well.The center is like a referee ready to step in if things get out of hand.The colors,well... That's how camouflage-in-nature works so to speak. Good comments / feedback.
    You did a really good job here. Just my thoughts.

Rick
  • 09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
    MB1
    Off Center
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SkipT
    .. The only thing that kinda distracts me is that the forground animal is off center with the 2 in front, but working with wild animals you get what you can get when you can.

Yes indeed, I so want the OP to have taken 1 step to the right.....

It is good but it could have been fantastic.