Does this work?

Printable View

• 01-12-2005, 01:15 AM
    DownByFive
    1 Attachment(s)
    Does this work?
    I'm not quite sure if I like this or not...Tell me what you think.
  • 01-12-2005, 01:20 AM
    Peter_AUS
    Re: Does this work?
    What are you trying to say with it, is it the flowing field of green and yellow, is it the misty feel of the distance buildings. Is it the building skyline against the sky.

It does appear to be a bit dull and out of focus on my monitor with a slightly warm feel to it.
  • 01-12-2005, 01:30 AM
    DownByFive
    The original is a bit sharper, but seeing as how I shot it with my little p&s, it's definitely not as sharp as I'd like. And I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to say with it, but I basically lived in the shadow of this walled city on a hill, so it does have some personal meaning, but that doesn't make it a good photograph...It always reminds me of Gladiator, when he's walking through the wheatfield...
  • 01-12-2005, 02:07 AM
    gahspidy
    This is a good composition. . .if the field were sharper and highlighted more would be great. It appears there is a color cast of maybe yello here and a levels or curves adjustment should help this. I like the scene, but like to see this livened up some more.
  • 01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
    Iamcndn
    1 Attachment(s)
    I really like the idea/composition of the whole shot. I took the liberty of doing a few changes to it. making the field smaller (which makes the city look more ominous) and brightening the field up (and saturating more) so that it contrasts with the dark kind of gloomy city instead of fitting in with it... Which adds to a story I think.
    What do you think?
    Hope you don't mind.
  • 01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
    CarbonTerry
    Jeez, I'd like it if you completely cropped out the city/horizon and were left with a pic of the wheat!
    But, there's no accounting for taste....especially mine :D :D