In Deep Thought

Printable View

• 10-25-2004, 07:50 PM
    metoliusdmm
    1 Attachment(s)
    In Deep Thought
    This is another photo of my niece from the same roll of film that has the stricken eyes. I really love this picture. She just seems so into what she is doing and i like the way she is sitting on the rocks witht h tall grass behind her. Taking from what was said in the last post i made i cropped this one down. There was a house in the back ground. At my school i have a final print that is cropped the same way as this one. But the teach won't let me take it home so i had to improvise. Tell me what you think. I will take any comment

Devin

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
  • 10-26-2004, 08:10 AM
    Chunk
    Re: In Deep Thought
    Quote:

Originally Posted by metoliusdmm
    This is another photo of my niece from the same roll of film that has the stricken eyes. I really love this picture. She just seems so into what she is doing and i like the way she is sitting on the rocks witht h tall grass behind her. Taking from what was said in the last post i made i cropped this one down. There was a house in the back ground. At my school i have a final print that is cropped the same way as this one. But the teach won't let me take it home so i had to improvise. Tell me what you think. I will take any comment

Devin

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I like the overall feel of the pic and the composition you got with the crop. Are you printing these at school? If so, I'd try printing this a bit darker and then burn in the rocks and white clothes/arms and legs to get some more detail in those areas. If the detail isn't there in the neg, adjust the for less exposure in the camera.
  • 10-26-2004, 12:25 PM
    dadas115
    This is a really great shot. The composition is very nice and you really captured a childhood moment. I wouldn't change a thing about this one.

Greg
  • 10-26-2004, 07:10 PM
    Young Shooter
    it looks like a realy good picture, good everything but its a little over exposed
  • 10-27-2004, 07:25 AM
    metoliusdmm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunk
    I like the overall feel of the pic and the composition you got with the crop. Are you printing these at school? If so, I'd try printing this a bit darker and then burn in the rocks and white clothes/arms and legs to get some more detail in those areas. If the detail isn't there in the neg, adjust the for less exposure in the camera.

Thanks for the comment. About the exposure, the original print i think and my teacher thinks that it looks really good. The rocks are atually there in the original. my scaner stinks so that may be the problem. An the contrast is a little diferent. But thanks!

Devin