Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Gloomy day

Gloomy day

"FileName","_DSC0359.JPG"
    "Make","NIKON CORPORATION"
    "Model","NIKON D300S"
    "Artist","FRANCO"
    "Copyright","@frapuchi"
    "ExifInfoOffset","472"
    "ExposureTime","1/100Sec"
    "FNumber","F5,0"
    "ExposureProgram","Aperture Priority"
    "ISOSpeedRatings","400"
    "ExposureBiasValue","EV-1,0"
    "FocalLength","18,00(mm)"
    "FocalLength(35mm)","27(mm)"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloomy day-_dsc0359u.jpg  
    Ciao dall'Italia-My latest photos :wink5: : http://forums.photographyreview.com/...d=1#post418901
    My gallery on italian forum: :smilewinkgrin: http://www.photo4u.it/album_personal.php?user_id=23886
    You can use my photo for correct mistakes
    NIKON D300S,NIKKOR 18-200,TAMRON 90 MACRO 1:2,8, SIGMA 120/400 4.5/5.6 - COOLPIX S640-Extension tubes-Flash TUMAX 880+ring macro - N° 3 old KONICA A. T - T3 - DARKROOM for B&W and old CIBACROME

Re: Gloomy day

Interesting composition. I personally like this shots with a "base" that gives an interesting DOF.
    On the other hand I don't see the focal point... for me the first plane trees should be completely in focus.

Canon XSi
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS
    1. "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words."Ansel Adams
    2. "Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art."Ansel Adams

Like Rob, I do not see a specific subject, that is in focus (unlike your previous posts).
    I like the composition and being shot from ground level which gives an interesting point of view.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

The DOF is interesting but a bit hard on the eyes i think. I would've liked to see this shot with the foreground in more focus. other than that, i like the tones here, the composition is also good and i like the subject matter.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

I would like this more with the forground cropped by 2/3

Hello everyone,
    First thank you for the attention that I dedicated.
    To focus my intention was to blur set it to infinity suit the party in the foreground. This is to give more depth to the image. For this I also desaturated progressively bottom.
    The shot from below was an experiment to test the live view of my new D300S. The position with which I took perhaps may have led to a slight move that reduced the sharpness of the image.
    Cutting could be a good suggestion.
    Good Sunday to you all from cold Italy
    Ciao dall'Italia-My latest photos :wink5: : http://forums.photographyreview.com/...d=1#post418901
    My gallery on italian forum: :smilewinkgrin: http://www.photo4u.it/album_personal.php?user_id=23886
    NIKON D300S,NIKKOR 18-200,TAMRON 90 MACRO 1:2,8, SIGMA 120/400 4.5/5.6 - COOLPIX S640-Extension tubes-Flash TUMAX 880+ring macro - N° 3 old KONICA A. T - T3 - DARKROOM for B&W and old CIBACROME

cold italy??

It was -20 C yesterday here Lucky you!!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

Smile Re: Gloomy day

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    cold italy??

It was -20 C yesterday here Lucky you!!
    Ha Ha Ha, yes, you're right by me at the moment is + 1 (there is no comparison with your -20 , at the moment, if my information is correct should be 0 °) but thinks that we are not used the cold, I live in Faenza, a small town near the coast (Cervia, Rimini, Riccione) and the sun is really good:thumbsup: .
    Hello

+1, aah that's so nice, I could wear shorts in that weather haha
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    +1, aah that's so nice, I could wear shorts in that weather haha
    If you really think you feel good at this temperature take the plane and come to my house that'll make the coffee

haha, thanks frapuchi! I'm on my way!!
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Thread Information