Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Be Mean

Be Mean

Tell me what to do or not do next time I am shooting in similar situations. Please be mean, it will help me learn. I have been only using the manual setting on my xti so if I did something that doesn’t make sense please let me know.

iso 800
    1/40
    awb

Re: Be Mean

I think the first one is just fine. I like the way the line of rocks lead my eye. The second one is much less interesting. It needs something to jazz it up. Maybe tighter cropping will do it or some intensifier to emphasize texture.

i like them.. some might consider the first one to be too dark but i dont..

the second one is interesting if u like the subject matter.. i do so it is to me..

the first one has more artistic merit.. the second is just a nice picture of an old truck.. sorry i have no magic insight to offer..

trog

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Your handling of the XTi seems fine judging by these two images.

However, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with the images. As the author of your images, you should have a specific reason why you're shooting every frame. I'm not sure that message was conveyed very effectively.

Don't get me wrong. These images aren't objectionable. Just not extraordinary. Keep posting and keep learning :thumbsup:
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Thread Information