Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Close encounter; Please Critque

This was purely by accident.
    I like it, but several people have said that I should try this with my 10-20.
    I only had the 28-80 with me at the timeI feel it has potential, I'm not sure how to approach this. :idea:

Comments welcome.I'm here to learn
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Close encounter; Please Critque-close-encounter-s.jpg   Close encounter; Please Critque-reflect-train.jpg  

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: Close encounter; Please Critque

What a wonderful photo opp. I like the first image over the tighter crop. I like the motion captured by your shutter speed selection. Other than that, I don't think I can offer anything to improve this particular image.

If you can do a reshoot, this is one of those special situations where I would try a really long shutter. Long enough to capture several cars passing to render a nice flowing river of metal. You should still be able to get that nice sharp reflected background through the flow to offer a unique, contrasting image.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

lots of my nicer shots are purely by accident.. trying to reproduce or improve on the accident can be very difficult.. sometimes impossible..

trog

Great capture I like it as is. I have one similar to this in my gallery, which was also an accident. I was trying out a new tripod, shooting flowers when a train came by. I like your picture how it captures movement well. How fast was it moving, In my picture the train was barely going walking speed...
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=248613
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information