Cowboy Series - A Poster

Printable View

• 08-10-2005, 05:12 PM
    drg
    1 Attachment(s)
    Cowboy Series - A Poster
    A poster image from a photograph. Another treatment I'm exploring for this topic.

Comments, critique, suggestions all welcome!
  • 08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
    julsoph
    Re: Cowboy Series - A Poster
    Hi drg...here are my thoughts on this:

I always enjoy photos that show pairs or trios of whatever the subject is. I like that you have the three horses somewhat in a row here. The points of their ears to the tips of their noses are parallel but leading away (does that even make sense??), which I like. One thing that is a little disconcerting is not seeing a third rider, but it gives the picture a sort of wild feel...which I think is appropriate.
    About the poster image...I'm not so sure I'd like it under other circumstances, but if it's in a series, it might work. Can you post the original so we can see it? Or at least the normal photo version. :)
    Emily
  • 08-13-2005, 07:00 AM
    drg
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Cowboy Series - A Poster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by julsoph
    Hi drg...here are my thoughts on this:

I always enjoy photos that show pairs or trios of whatever the subject is. I like that you have the three horses somewhat in a row here. The points of their ears to the tips of their noses are parallel but leading away (does that even make sense??), which I like. One thing that is a little disconcerting is not seeing a third rider, but it gives the picture a sort of wild feel...which I think is appropriate.
    About the poster image...I'm not so sure I'd like it under other circumstances, but if it's in a series, it might work. Can you post the original so we can see it? Or at least the normal photo version. :)
    Emily

Thanks Emily for your comments. I'm trying to 'find' a concept or treatment for this series and this is admittedly almost an exteme.

Here's the original photograph with only minor color correction and sharpening with framing as orignally made.

-C