Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Ol' Church, New town - take 2

I don't if any remember but I shot this old church way back in Feb 05, or atleast that's when I posted it here.

Ol' church, new town.

I shot it again from the same spot. This shot is a merge of two landscap shots.

let me know what you think.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Re: Ol' Church, New town - take 2

Hi LeeIs,,,I like it.....These type of night cityscapes are difficult....What you have done is control the contrast really well...I can't see any burned out highlights on my screen which is so comon with nightscapes...

Can you give us exposure details please??

Jurgen
    Australia
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Re: Ol' Church, New town - take 2

Sure Yogestee.

Shutter: 1/2
    Aperture: f4
    ISO 1600

This is one of the first times I'm shooting RAW and just experimenting. I've only shot raw on one or two occasions before. The good thing I find is the white balance was off when I viewed it in Photoshop (Almost orangish) I went back to the RAW and changed the white balance to incandescent and it totally popped it out! It brought it back to what it was supposed to look like.

I'm really not that well versed in the technical part of photography, I just go with my eyes. But at first when I was shooting this at a slightly lower shutter speed, it was totally blown out, I was some what confused at the time. Then I started to speed up the shutter a bit by bit till I got the desired exposure. Later, I found out that my ISO was set at 1600! And to my surprise the shot wasn't as noisy as I thought it would've been.

Had I known that and changed my ISO then I would slowed the shutter down a bit but who knows? the lights (specially in the buildings) might not have been as crisp as they are now.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Thread Information