• 01-12-2008, 09:35 PM
    Coastal Flyer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Condos, Concrete, and Curbs
    All part of urban living in the "concrete jungle."
  • 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
    jkriminger
    Re: Condos, Concrete, and Curbs
    Nice work...great composition. No critiquing, this is yours.
  • 01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
    GB1
    Wooah. that throws me CF. Very interesting shot here. Good eye catching it (!!!) My only suggestion would be to perhaps crop out the left side so that the viewer has no immediate information that reveals what's going on. I think this one is an entry for a photo contest. San Diego has a (what I think is called a) Photography of Art contest every year here - try entering it. This one is artsy enough to break away from the crowd.

GB
  • 01-12-2008, 11:26 PM
    AgingEyes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkriminger
    Nice work...great composition. No critiquing, this is yours.

I agree. Good image!
  • 01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
    Frog
    Wow, Nice Catch! For a while I thought it was some photoshop trick or something.

Don't crop it! Might tweak the saturation and contrast a bit but might be worse instead of better.
    Love it as is!
  • 01-13-2008, 04:12 AM
    Overbeyond
    Great CF.
    Very well seen indeed. It demands viewing time because it's a little difficult to work out but this aspect is one of the great things about it. Perfect as is; no alterations required.
  • 01-13-2008, 06:37 AM
    EOSThree
    Nice catch! I always enjoy your work.
  • 01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
    Coastal Flyer
    JK/GB/Aging/Frog/Grumpy/EOS:

My goodness, but thank you so very much for the supportinve comments. I am so very pleased with the response. While I liked this shot personally, I certainly did not think it would strike that kind of response. Again, thanks so much.

GB: I am interested in trying your crop suggestion but am not sure where you would draw the line. If you can elaborate that would be great.

Thanks again,

CF (David)
  • 01-13-2008, 12:18 PM
    jkriminger
    no crop no crop
  • 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM
    AmberC
    I like it! Great composition!

Amber
  • 01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
    Coastal Flyer
    jk/Amber:

Thanks very much. I may print this and see how it looks on the page. Again, I really appreciate your comments.

CF
  • 01-13-2008, 08:44 PM
    GB1
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Flyer
    JK/GB/Aging/Frog/Grumpy/EOS:

My goodness, but thank you so very much for the supportinve comments. I am so very pleased with the response. While I liked this shot personally, I certainly did not think it would strike that kind of response. Again, thanks so much.

GB: I am interested in trying your crop suggestion but am not sure where you would draw the line. If you can elaborate that would be great.

Thanks again,

CF (David)

CF - Hmm. It's a little tougher than I expected. The problem is that if you crop out the far left edge of the water all the way up, you still have the upper water's edge. Cropping out that too makes the pic awful small...

Here's what I had in mind. I think your original may indeed be the best image of all. -GB
  • 01-13-2008, 08:50 PM
    Coastal Flyer
    GB,

Thanks for taking a run at it. I played around with it also and felt the left edge, the surface of the street was pretty important to the integrity of the shot. I appreciate the creative efforts.

CF
  • 01-14-2008, 01:05 AM
    Didache
    No crop on the right at any rate - you need that little bit of grass for compositional purposes. Whether you shave the left or not is a taste issue I think. Personally I would leave it as is.

Cheers
    Mike
  • 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM
    Coastal Flyer
    Didache,

I agree, both with the need for the sliver of grass and crop on left being individual taste. Thanks for the comments,

CF
  • 01-14-2008, 10:24 AM
    MB1
    I like it just as it is (I may just try to steal the idea) however if I were to fool around with a crop it would be from the top.

The red/pink sidewalk is pretty dull in the upper right of the image, you might try cropping most of that off-I'm not saying it would be a big improvement but if you are going to have to crop for an 8x10 or 11x14 that is where I would do it.
  • 01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
    spiraleyes
    Excellent picture! Don't crop it! I love the curvature of the curb. To me, that detail really defines the picture. :)
  • 01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
    Coastal Flyer
    spiraleyes/MB:

Thanks both for the comments and suggestions. Need to play with this a bit more then print it out for the real test. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

CF
  • 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
    AmberC
    Nah.. this one doesn't need anything. Its awesome just the way it is!

Amber
  • 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
    DrRoebuck
    I like this a lot and would not crop it.
  • 01-15-2008, 09:12 AM
    Coastal Flyer
    Amber/Dr. Roebuck:

I think I will just leave this one alone. The message is becoming quite clear. Thanks very much for the comments. I appreciate it.

CF
  • 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Great shot leave the grass in it.
  • 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
    Coastal Flyer
    Tyson,

Thanks for the input. I took several shots, some with the grass some without and the gras is definately required.

Thanks again.

CF
  • 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
    Greg McCary
    Nice work CF. I like the original.
  • 01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
    GB1