Concentration(kid pic)

Printable View

• 03-16-2004, 06:12 PM
    Charles Hess
    1 Attachment(s)
    Concentration(kid pic)
    Posted this in Viewfinder, but thought I'd see if I can get some feedback on this. Too dark?
    Little girl playing with a long strand of that canned stringy stuff. Thanks. :-)
    Contax G2 Zeiss 90/2.8 Delta 100
  • 03-17-2004, 12:32 AM
    gahspidy
    I like this. You captured a nice moment. I don't think this is too dark, and I like the contrast in this.Background blur just right.
    By the way, did you use any sort of filter on the lens?
  • 03-17-2004, 05:17 AM
    Charles Hess
    Thanks, Gary ... no filter. The superb Zeiss lenses for the G2 have really pleasing bokeh(background blur/softness). The Delta 100 gives smooth, creamy tones. Good combination. Thanks again.
  • 03-17-2004, 08:41 AM
    PuckJunkey
    Nope. Don't think it's too dark at all. Nice balance between empty space and "full space" in the composition as well.
  • 03-17-2004, 09:59 AM
    Old Timer
    Beautiful image
    This is a beautiful image. I love your use of the negative space, it is well porportioned and sufficiently blured to enhance the mood of the photograph. I like the fact that the child is not looking at the camera but is engrossed in her activity. The only nit that I would have is that the wall or ledge that is is sitting on is not parallel with in the horizonal plane of the image. This doesn't really bother me given the overall strength of the photograph, but could with some viewers. Very nice post. You continue to give others here at PR a standard to strive for.
  • 03-17-2004, 11:48 AM
    Hightree
    I love this! Great scale in b&w. This is a very rustic and serene image, taken at the best moment. Great job.

Frank
  • 03-17-2004, 01:14 PM
    Chunk
    Kitten's Cradle...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Posted this in Viewfinder, but thought I'd see if I can get some feedback on this. Too dark?
    Little girl playing with a long strand of that canned stringy stuff. Thanks. :-)

...or Little Humpty.

I like the shot Charles. Little kids can bring an amazing amount of concentration to simple things. ....sometimes. :)
  • 03-17-2004, 01:16 PM
    natatbeach
    old timer said it well
    I really love how smooth but crisp this image is and especially the moment.

the horizon bothers me a bit and maybe just a slight degree or so CW but I wouldn't totally level it out on the horizontal...

the composition and tonal values are just right IMHO
  • 03-17-2004, 04:29 PM
    CB Photo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess

This is a nice shot. I understand the challenge of capturing a little girl on film! Good contrast too.

The only thing that I think would improve this shot would be the removal of that object behind her head, it is tangent to her head at one point... only my opinion. Good Job
  • 03-17-2004, 11:21 PM
    gahspidy
    I will add that I actually think that the ledge not being level with the frame is a good thing in this shot and the large object behind her works for me as it makes her look like the little girl she is. just a diiference of opinions
  • 04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
    Thabird689
    Nice Pic I don't think that this print is too dark I think that the composition is just right between the skintones and the background. Good Photo.
  • 04-11-2004, 09:45 AM
    mtbbrian
    I like...
    Good photograph Charles..
    She has a great expression on her face.
    There seems to be a little too much space on the left, but all in all in you have a good photo.
    Thanks for posting it here!
    Brian