Printable View

• 12-08-2004, 04:24 PM
    Bepstar
    a complete newbie!
  • 12-08-2004, 04:43 PM
    Lara
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: a complete newbie!
    Okay, I think the reason your photo isn't showing is because you are working in CMYK rather than RGB. Let's see if it works with me posting it.

Yep, that seems to be it.
    Folks, this is Bepstar's photo.

I'm a complete newbie so your thoughts would be great!

Ta!

xhttp://images.ofoto.eu.com/photos127...1733_0_ALB.jpg

http://images.ofoto.eu.com/photos127...1733_0_ALB.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • 12-08-2004, 06:18 PM
    Tuna
    The natural bordering is nice but I almost want to see the peak completed at the top instead of cut-off. The general scene may be of more interest if the overall tone wasn't so even. I would suggest attempting to seperate the tones and add some contrast. The blown out sky also takes away from the scene but not much can be done there - maybe a reshoot when there are some clouds or drama in the sky - then burn the sky in (there may already be something there if you try burning in the sky in this image...).

Overall a very nice first post and welcome to the forum.

Tuna
  • 12-09-2004, 02:34 PM
    Bepstar
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks for the comments tuna, i can def see where you are coming from. Amazing what a bit of outside perspective can do so thanks!

Another one of my pics... hope this works!
  • 12-10-2004, 12:44 AM
    gahspidy
    Welcome. Your pic fits right into a series of pics I'm working on called view from within. i like your image but think you need to step back or use a wider angle to complete the top and also give just a bit more view of the inside area. The shot of the girl is excellent and the lighting is perfect in my opinion. The soft focus really adds alot as well.
  • 12-10-2004, 02:15 AM
    Cant see your first few photos

What camera you using? the photo of that girl looks really soft
  • 12-10-2004, 09:18 PM
    Nina
    I really like your second picture with the girl in it. Very beautifully done. The lighting and the soft focus really worked well in enhancing this shot. I Love it.
  • 12-12-2004, 03:48 PM
    Bepstar
    Thanks for all your comments guys...keep them coming!

:)
  • 12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
    Bepstar
    It would be great to hear any more comments on my second image in particular..i'm very new at this and the help would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys.
  • 12-13-2004, 04:25 PM
    Aaron
    I agree with the others on the second picture, it is a very nice study of a great subject, textbook lighting on it that worked very well along with the great soft focus.