Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Fisherman

Fisherman

thoughts on this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fisherman-sd_bridgefisherkayak.jpg  
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Interesting shot. I really like the repetition of the beams strengthened by that circled 5 on each support. Fisherguy is in an interesting position and I'm wondering if he were more to the right (away from where he breaks the line of the pattern) what effect that would have. I think maybe it could just something a little compositionally in that bottom right corner
    The image itself seems to have a bit of a blueish color cast to it, though slight. It also strikes me as a rather "flat" image in the sense that there aren't a lot of highs and lows to the color--perhaps it could use some contrast tweaking

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar
    I think I'd like this photo better without the fisherman. Nice composition, nice repitition - and interesting - even without the fisherman.

I guess what bugs me about the fisherman is that it's not easily discernable that he's in a boat (probably because of the engle of it).
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

Kelly

I like shots under bridges. I also like columns so I really love this shot. I would like to see it have more of the feeling of being under the bridge by cropping out the shore and zooming in on the guy a bit, something like this. I think the guy needs to be in it. I have made similar shots without people and it's kind of boring.
    Kit
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Thread Information