Cold and Lonely

Printable View

• 02-27-2014, 10:42 PM
    ksbryan0
    1 Attachment(s)
    Cold and Lonely
    Abandoned farmstead in rural South Dakota
    Canon 1D-X EF 24-70L @ 35mm, f/11, ISO 800, 3-frame HDR
    (The uploaded image appears very soft to me, maybe just my monitor. The features of the house and fence should be sharp.)
  • 02-27-2014, 11:11 PM
    starriderrick
    Re: Cold and Lonely
    I see no problems whatsoever with this delightful capture...amazing light... So very nicely composed

Excellent,Ken!
  • 02-28-2014, 12:55 AM
    hminx
    Could be a " size for web " thing Ken, I've found that sometimes the posted images are nowhere near as sharp as the original PS document. The image posted is a very nice shot but the fence bothers me slightly, it vies with the house for the position of POI and as a leading line it drags your eyes away from the house. Having said that I don't think its a deal breaker as the overall effect is really great and as Rick has pointed out the light is amazing,
  • 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    I agree it could be posted larger. That would increase the impact. But this is a great photo in my opinion.
  • 02-28-2014, 10:31 PM
    ksbryan0
    Thanks Rick! I was tickled with the quality of light in this shot :)

Pete, I know what you mean about the fence, but I didn't have many options on this comp. Not sure how the average person "sees" this...my eyes follow the fence to the sunset, then across the horizon to the left and then to the house. Maybe not a bad trip? Thanks for your take on this.

Thank you Don!
  • 03-02-2014, 07:39 PM
    windsurfer19
    beautiful shot