Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: The Dress

The Dress

A model shot, just for fun

What do you think ?

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: The Dress

Model/glamour photography isn't my thing but I do like to look at your posts and imagine.
    I think this photo does empahsize 'the dress'. To me, it seems there should be a litle space on the right.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I really like the composition - curving leading line of dress in from the right corner. I think the color of the floor and the wall clash with the dress - and the line between them is distracting. I wonder whether you could

Thanks Frog and popeye, I'll comment some more tomorrow, it's late ...

Great job on accentuating the dress detail. Model has a great pose and the lighting is perfect. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the huge depth of field. My attention is drawn to the seam in the backdrop, if that fell out of focus, my eye would stay with the dress, where is should be.

I have to agree with jetrim, the backdrop is taking all my attention. I like her and the dress, except for maybe that little bit missing on the lower right, but the seem and wrinkles in the backdrop are distracting for me.

Thanks Jetrim and Adamo
    "Lightning is perfect" (!?!? ) Thanks !!

This session happened with 3 other photographers and 3 (or 4 ) models, they were changing into new outfits every 20 minutes or so, I was the last one of this round and was being hurried to let her go .

I'm not too happy about a few things;
    I had to use 18mm to fit the whole dress , and the aperture F/5.6 (to match the light intensity already setup ) gives the large DOF
    I have trouble seeing in the viewfinder the whole thing and missed the bottom right corner , I have another shot but I did not like her expression on the other shot, and again I could not ask her to correct it while seeing through the viewfinder
    The studio is long and narrow, I had a lot of cloning done in the back to eliminate white walls on the sides of the image

Frog,
    Glamour and fashion is/was not my "thing" either, I'm getting together with this group of photographers, and pushing the envelope with this type of sessions, I need to interact with people I just met, and ask them to do things, from the models to guys helping with the lights, and sometimes moving things around, it also gets me to deal with different technical things like composing through a dark viewfinder while most lights are off, sometimes dealing with equipment that is not optimum, the biggest thrill is when I can get past the technical stuff and establish a good communication with the model, it then shows on the image.

Thread Information