Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Gq-gun-message

Gq-gun-message

teach kids passion and art.. not weapon and violence's...so far, I'm broke but wow I realized I inspire a lot of youth in my career.. remember real gangsta keep it classy.. my own GQ shot ;)

FOLLOW ME AT
    TUMBLR

n8

Re: Gq-gun-message

I like it, although I think you're message might be a bit confusing by having the shotgun there. The bright side (maybe) is that I didn't even notice it until I came back to look at the pic again. I like the one light set up and your pose. I think you could shave a bit off the top, and I think the water bottle and stool could have been taken out. If the gun is a must, I wonder if holding both would fit you're goal better. I think it could do well to convey the idea that you can do just as much damage with a camera as you can with a gun.
    Last edited by n8; 03-03-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Well, the tie end where it is caught my attention first and I laughed.
    Not sure what the message is but probably something I've missed in my old age.

Chopped right toe and don't know what is going on with left foot being lost in shadow(?).
    Cool stuff, none the less.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

a bit too wide angle for my tastes, the perspective distortion is a bit extreme. The emphasis seems more on your lap than your face or your camera. The tie on the bottom is also a bit problematic, maybe unbutton the blazer. The background not being illuminated I don't think works well with the shot. The flowery curtains kind of break the seriousness of your expression and the formality of your dress.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Thread Information