Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Child Portraits

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar

Child Portraits

Feel free to rip these apart - I just got a new light setup for my home studio. I shot these photos of my daughter Sunday night. I use a Sony F717 Digital SLR.

Without critiquing each and every one of these, I can say a few things about each of them:
    Good: your lighting is very good, with even tones and nice detail. the poses seem natural and not forced, so you've got a comfortable and willing model. Issues: I don't like the reflection of your light in her glasses. Your backdrop appearance can be improved greatly by moving her further from the background(if possible) and set a wider aperture to blur it(background) a bit. as is the wrinkles and folds are distracting.

So, all in all, these are pretty nice and, with a little work, could be keepers, all.

Thread Information