Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Bucket Pouring Water

/shrug, someone had a cool fountain in their driveway. I feel silly because anyone in the world could go take this exact same picture any day of the week, but oh well.

Exactly!! Anyone could take ths picture, that's why we're all here, to develop our own vision of ordinary things, to show others how we see things. Get down under the fountain, shoot it from above, show us a view we've never seen of it.

"Seeing" is the hardest part of phorography, but it can be developed and explored with just a bit of effort to not look at things in the typical way. Don't be afraid to get down on your back, or to climb up on something. Just show us something we've never seen before.

You may not realize it, but being aware of how ordinary a shot this is, and apparently being frustrated with it, is already a good step towards developing your own vision.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

What Seb said....

I am blown away by what Seb said, becuase it is so true...
    In order for you to progress as a photographer you must be able to pre visual a photograph in you mind.
    Ansel Adams, used to carry around a matte cut to the size of the film he was using, 4x5, 5x7, etc... He used it to help him pre visualize a photograph before he set up his camera.

So keep shooting and most of all keep seeing!
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    Thanks Seb!
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Whoah, nice reply. I have just begun thinking like that, that's a great start. I am gonna save your comment and print it out, hah, too often do I go for trying to take pictures of "great things", maybe I should mix in taking "great pictures" of regular things...

Thread Information