Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

The Cemetary Chapel

Chapel built in the 1860s. Nikon D70
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cemetary Chapel-web%7Edsc_0009.jpg  
    For the essence of a work of art is, after all, that it cuts out a piece of the endlessly continuous sequences of perceived experience, detaching it from all connections with one side or the other, giving it a self-sufficient form as though defined and held together by an inner core.

Re: The Cemetary Chapel

This is a very strong subject. I like it alot. As for the pic, not bad but I think it's cropped just a bit too tightly. I would like to see some space on one side or the other. Nice sky to compliment the steeple. I find also that I like the trees in the bg as they sort of frame the Chapel and then open up at the top to let the peak stand out against the sky. i would like to see this shot at a sunrise or sunset time of day as it would lend to more mood. Good one
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Re: The Cemetary Chapel

I like this shot. I'm starting a collection of country church and chapel shots, hoping to get some old Spanish style chapels next week when I travel to Texas to visit my mom.

Very good photo; I'd also like to see this same shot at sunrise.

Thread Information