• 12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
    lalotafoya
    2 Attachment(s)
    Re: Car show in L.A.
    2 more cars, same show.
  • 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM
    4XTaco
    Nice pictures... did you use a criss cross filter to get the light reflection?
  • 12-04-2006, 05:43 PM
    drg
    Interesting shots. The white balance seems off. I like the star filter but would rather see a larger dynamic range to get some detail in the shadows.

What car show just out of professional curiosity?
  • 12-04-2006, 05:50 PM
    Mr Yuck
    Any Volvo Pics? :p

Sweet shots, undecided about the stars, but that H3? shot is pretty flattering considering I like that car about as much as a deep fried lima bean....what I mean is your shot makes it look good. Well done.
  • 12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
    Greg McCary
    I think the stars work very well they just needs toned down slightly except on the black car and the race car, on those you are dead on, and then they all would be magazine quality if you ask me. Great composition on them all.
  • 12-04-2006, 11:03 PM
    lalotafoya
    Thank you everyone for your comments and for looking.
    This show has a web sight it is http://www.laautoshow.com/show/
    BTW, i didn't photgraph the Volvos, and yeah, some of the cars did have too many light for this star filter..at first i was using a six point star filter and it was way too bright.
  • 12-05-2006, 07:56 AM
    Ronnoco
    Lighting/exposure is a problem with lost detail toward the bottom. The two possible remedies are fill flash when you are shooting and/or careful Photoshop work afterwards.
    Of course even with Photoshop, you need some detail in the shadow areas to bring out.

Ronnoco
  • 12-05-2006, 10:41 AM
    GB1
    Pretty good shots there. A little dark in the shadows but I think you'd need some serious ext. lighting to get brochure-like pix. On the second batch I like how the second shot has the cross reflections (or whatever they're called).

Out of curiousity, on the first posting, what is the 1st and 4th cars/trucks?

GB
  • 12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
    lalotafoya
    the first car is a spiker suv, the forth is a porsha 911.