Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

No Pepsi for You!

Used my newly returned Canon S400 to test it out. This is an abandoned Pepsi machine near a rundown Texaco station.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Pepsi for You!-pepsibw.jpg  
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Re: No Pepsi for You!

Good composition, simple.

I'd like to see more shots of this in different lighting, maybe bring a friend to pose by it with a coke or pepsi in a modern can or bottle and current style clothing to give context to the picture.

As for PP on this shot, try turning up the contrast and turning the brightness down, I did that a little and it gave it a little more punch
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

GB1

Re: No Pepsi for You!

Com'on, mwfanelli, you found a nice prize but didn't do anything with it... It's a great find, but lacks creativity in composition. Some shadow, people, an old gas pump in the foreground, etc might have really added to the shot.

Anyways, if you ever make it back by there -- let er rip.
    GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information