Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Candid Shot of girl @Baseball Game

I won some tickets via an e-mail / office raffle for a set of season box seats that the company that I work for has at the local farm league baseball team ( Binghamton Mets ) I had A: never even been to the stadium nor attended a baseball game so this was a first for me. B: I now know why I'd never been to one before - it (baseball) has never done it for me on tv and frankly it just didn't seem to be much more exciting in real life either... lol!! Apologies to those of you who are fans of the game. So anyway...

I looked around the stands and I happened to catch this girls face and there was just something about her eyes.. so I shot her. Turns out it must be a hereditary thing as ( I'm guessing ) that she has 2 sisters and a brother - all had similar, but not quite as striking eyes as well as who I'm guessing was Mom. Dad didn't have those eyes and he and the brother shared more physical / facial features - but the girls and Mom, the eyes in particular - definitely a passed on trait. Looking at the image again before I post it here - I don't know - maybe not so great or anything special - but thought I post it anyway - what do you think people?

Thanks...

-=- jd -=-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Candid Shot of girl @Baseball Game-dsc_0027.jpg  

Re: Candid Shot of girl @Baseball Game

I really like the look on her face .
    Seems a little blown out on the side of her face though.
    Have you thought about cropping the left? The skin tones behind her seem a little distracting to me.

Hey Shooter... yeah your right about it being a little hot on her left side. I wonder if I can fix / address that in Photo Shop or Light Room? ( I have both but barely know ow to use either of 'em ) I did crop some out from both sides actually but I didn't want to accidentally "cut" any of her hair. I could crop it a little tighter... thanks for your feedback. ;)

-=- jd -=-

I wish you hadn't chopped off the top of her hair and crown. I think that by keeping it in there, it would've added some character to the shot.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Danic - thanks. That, unfortunately, is how I framed it when I pulled the trigger... still learning. Appreciate your input!

-=- jd -=-

If there is more room in front of her face., how about trying to have her looking into the picture?
    Add as much back as you have to the right side of the picture and then try a few different crops on the left side maybe even cut off some of her hair, see how it looks.

Alright... so I've been combo playing with Photo Shop / googling (how do I do {this or that} in PS) and then just plain hacking away in photo shop. Thats quite a powerful toy!! Even a hack (and I mean hack) like me can kinda-sorta fix up an image.

I re-cropped a little, quite by accident (can't recall what or how I did it) discovered some way of making the green in the image greener, and then I even managed to "heal" the hot spot some. Again - very new & raw user of photo shop - zero training with it - I'm figuring it out as I go... lol!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Candid Shot of girl @Baseball Game-dsc_0027d.jpg  
    Last edited by jdanvers; 06-07-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Awesome fix of that hot spot.
    I don't know much about ps either. The best way to learn can sometimes be to just do.

Thread Information