Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: New York Tail

drg

New York Tail

Comments and Critique welcomed!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New York Tail-nyfiniii.jpg  
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Re: New York Tail

were you trying to get the "it looks like an Artist rendition " look ?

Because is does not look real.

From a compositional point of view of angle, shape, texture, and colours, it is very effective and well
    done. From a technical standpoint, the white above the chrome near the taillight should be brought down just a tad, to avoid that slightly blown out look.

Overall though, I think it is a simple but great shot.

Ronnoco

This image is a beautifully simple almost abstract shot! Compositionally this shot is brilliant! Well done!

I really like these styles of shots. I like the framing and the colors. The green that appears in the chrome and "dirty" red parts take away from the shot and make me think its from a car show. Also you could find the emblem of the car and photoshop it as a title of the picture or like the emblem was on that part of the car. Also this just might be me or my monitor but towards the right of the frame the car does appear to be white it has some yellow areas in it.

Quote Originally Posted by drg
    Comments and Critique welcomed!
    Like it. It passes the "Would I hang it on my wall?" test. Maybe not me, but I think a lot of people would. I also like the way you reduced a three dimesional objec tto two dimensions.

drg

Thanks one and all for the comments and suggestions.

There's a larger version from gallery below that has been adjusted differently. This version has the tailight enhanced and the rest of the image converted to b/w with a virtual blue filter (I believe about a CC67 equivalent). The bright areas seem to work better without the color casts. I had left the first version 'as shot' to see how the small dabs of color from the surroundings worked for everyone. The yellow tinge is called rust That and some other flaws led to the even more touchups in this version from the gallery, though I left some smudges and fingerprints. It is a 'real' car after all.

The 3D - 2D effect wasn't totally intentional and it is not exactly the way this car comes out in a studio setting.

Again, thanks for taking time to look and comment!

CDPrice 'drg'

GB1

Very nice! I like the abstract look. It's strange because it looks like a car's fender but you can't make out the trunk line. Doesn't sound like you painted it out - natural effect then?

Always neat when you can create this kind of effect when you want, rather than it being an accident. Unfortunately, that's what they are when I some of my shots turn out like this

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

drg

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Very nice! I like the abstract look. It's strange because it looks like a car's fender but you can't make out the trunk line. Doesn't sound like you painted it out - natural effect then?

Always neat when you can create this kind of effect when you want, rather than it being an accident. Unfortunately, that's what they are when I some of my shots turn out like this

GB
    Thanks! Cropping, no painting/cloning out of the line. Most of the croping done in original framing. The second image has some selective color enhancement/desaturation.

This image was done to be semi-abstract car art from the beginning. Thus the high contrast light and oblique angles.

I am glad it has had appeal. Thanks again for looking and especially to those who have taken time to comment.
    CDPrice 'drg'

New York is a great city for photographers of any skill level because there are so many opportunities to make great pictures! But it's better to get prepared for the trip there. For instance, I'm reading about ez pass ny login and I try to understand whether I need it or not.

I am so glad to hear about this New York Tail and Is CBD safe for pets it is very interesting too. The picture you have shared is really good and it makes me more excited. This photograph is really awesome and you are really talented too.

Thread Information