Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Cameras, Phones and Jeans

The National Gallery, Washington, D.C.
    Leica IIIc, HP5

Re: Cameras, Phones and Jeans

Great shot and an even better title. The tones are great, very contrasty, and the composition is great!

Well done,

Jared

Dear Tuna,

Very nice. The black and white suits it very well. The contrast is nice, and you got the group at a good moment. Don't photogs look funny? They are so absorbed and intent on what they are doing. One thing though, the girls on the left. Their heads are blending in with the shadows, so it looks like their faces are floating in mid air. A small nit pick. A nice one.

Drew
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

Jared and Drew, thanks for your comments/critique. I'm glad you guys liked thid one.

Drew - their heads have good highlights and seperation from the dark background on my monitor...I guess differences in monitors are always going to be a problem when posting and viewing online...

Thanks again.

Tuna

Tuna,

There is just one thing that bugs me about this photo and thats the person hidden behind the pillar reading. I can't decide if this is a distraction or me just being fussy.

Other than that I really like the photo and once again you prove your mastery of B&W.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

"Artisaliethatmakesusreali zetruth" PlantedTao's Avatar

I have to agree with Roger that the person cut off by the pillar kinda bugs me, but then I realised that I was just trying to find something minor to improve the photo. When looking at the picture your attention is focused on the girls and you don't even see this person. A very captivating scene...I wonder if anyone captured you?
    A very nice shot of an interesting moment...can't think of any improvements to make this one better.

Oh...I think only digital photogs stand around like this! ;)
    Cheers
    I'm always mentally photographing everything as practice.
    Minor White

Roger, PlantedTao - thank you for your comments and critique.

PlantedTao, your comment is a bit disturbing. How frightening it would be if I opened a thread and one of these girls had posted an image of me - standing ankle-deep in the water of that fountain - taking a photo of her...

Tuna

Thread Information