Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Boy Shirt Shoot

Boy Shirt Shoot

Hey, it's been a while since I posted... and I apologize for that... but would love your thoughts on this one... The shoot was for the shirt design... and while I do like it... somehow it feels like it could have used some improvement... thanks for your comments!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boy Shirt Shoot-boyshirt_01.jpg  
    Last edited by MarcusK; 05-10-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Misspelt the title
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Re: Boy Shirt Shoot

The hue of the shirt *looks* like bad white balance. I know it isn't, but thats what that hue and shade remind me of. Come to think of it, that is one very ugly hue to be modeling, thats probably the first strike on this shot in my mind, maybe layer mask the shirt with a subtle hue adjustment to a more pleasant looking tone.

Excellent scene choice and composition. I only wish we could see her other leg, just a bit of it, so it doesn't look like shes on one foot. Maybe a little more light to the top of her head as well.

Hey, thanks for the input...

1- The shirt color... well.. that's exactly what the shirt looks like live... not sure exactly how you are seeing it... but since you mentioned it... you're right... the color isn't the greatest...

2- As for the other leg... great point... should've noticed it as well..

3- It was in the shade of a wall... we had a time constraint so had to go with what we had... I'll fidget a bit with what you said and see if it works...

Thanks again!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

I like the Idea of seeing only one leg, gives the image an oddly interesting feel. I would have liked a bit more detail (brighten)of her hair and her legs. I'm not really fond of the background behind her head. Maybe if she was closer to the right and her head was somehow over the edge of the stair wall.
    Ed

Just my 2 cents, I don't think the shirt is spotlighted enough. I am drawn to the dark pocket, good, but then I follow her look and am more drawn to the bracelet. I also think that the tail of the shirt should be shown, it might influence the overall design. But I am not a fashion photographer, so....

Thread Information