Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Around the corner

This one is actually somewhat of an HDR, I did the layering manually in photoshop because for some reason the HDR option in my photoshop never allows me to make one cause there 'isn't enough dynamic range' whatever that is. Let me know what you think.

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Kentucky Wildlife

Re: Around the corner

Interesting, Leels. Please tell me more of what you did in PS.

I love the detail you have captured with this shot! Beautiful! I'm assuming you use CS3 for your HDR? If so, try photomatix.

There is nothing to critique imo.
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Hey Ron,

I shot this in RAW format. So I opened it in Capture NX (any software that handles RAW files will do) and exported 4 different version with different exposures. ranging from -0.5 to +1.5

Then in photoshop I put them on four different layers and used regular masking techniques I showed the best exposed area of every photo and hence exposure through out is better than any 1 of the 4 shots that i began with.

For example the yellow bus on the right , i used the +1 exposure layer. For the light trail, I used the -0.5 layer cause in all the other shots it was way over exposed.

I hope that helps you understand. It's hard explaining it in text.

Danic, no, I'm still using CS2. I've heard about Photomatrix. I'll give it a try!!

Thanks guys!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

Hey Ron, I'll show you some of the pics that I combined together to make this one.

Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

I like the dynamic of the photo. What I miss is some light on the top of the dome.

Thread Information