Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

one more before bed

In a picture like this, where should I focus? I find myself just aiming at the center of the scene, but Im sure theres a better way. The foreground seems too blurred.

Another real nice photo, RB. I like how you composed the shot putting the horizon in the upper third of the frame. I think part of the tree coming in from the left is ok. Asside from the limitations of your camera as you stsated in your previous post this is a fine shot. As far as what to focus on, I'm no expert but I would focus on the bushes in the foreground that were farthest away from me on the same level, and use a small aperture setting for great depth of field( DOF) and using a wide angle lens will give you nice dof to begin with. Looks like you did right to me and have your lens set as wide as it would gave you the dof. Good job
    Last edited by gahspidy; 03-08-2004 at 08:53 PM. Reason: rewording
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

All good advice

All good advice above. I like the way you have used the tree on the left to add some perspective and framing to the shot. I always try to find some natural flow of lines with in the scene that will give the viewer something to follow into or out of the image. I'm sure that you are aware of the s curve that many talk about or diagonal lines that lead you into or out of the image. Keep it up your first few images that you have posted have been very good.

Thread Information