Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Graffiti artist

Student Photojournalist

Graffiti artist & stilts

Taken at Venice Beach and Pershing Square respectively. All comments welcome. They are my first scans from slides. In my opinion I wish I had framed it so that the palm trees were not in back of the graffiti artist. Also, slide with the stilts is underexposed and I wish I hadn't cropped the subjects' feet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by calpie; 03-08-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Nice shots

I really like the second one, it is a great shot, good place at the good time! The first one is Ok but seems too dark (upper left corner) on my screen!

Seb

both seem a little dark on my monitor as well. but... great shots! i love em! i agree with you on the palm trees on the 1st photo and cropping the feet in the 2nd, and but neither of these points bug me that much.
    "Too much color blinds the eye."
    -Lao Tze

I agree with you on both points. First photo the subject headf sort of hidden in front of tree. Second shot with legs cut off is irritating. Great subjects in both shots, however, with the second pic being my choice.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Student Photojournalist
    thanks for the help. the comments were much appreciated. i have never used photoshop before, is there any way to lighten these pictures in that program? sorry if that is just a horrible question. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by calpie
    thanks for the help. the comments were much appreciated. i have never used photoshop before, is there any way to lighten these pictures in that program? sorry if that is just a horrible question. thanks again.
    Yes lots of ways to lighten up the photo also could clone out (remove) the tree behind subjects head. But explanation is to extensive and detailed to get into on a thread and forum like this. I uses PSP8(paint shop pro) which is very similiar to ps. There are lots of books and magazines in many bookstores that cover all kinds of techniques and basic editing proceedures in PS. Pick up a guide and practice . . . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information