Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Jersey Shore Wedding at Sundown

As the sun set on the a blustery September 11th, this couple tied the knot..What do you think of this series of photos? In your opinion, whats the strongest of the three?

www.DavidChristensonPhotography,com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jersey Shore Wedding at Sundown-pam-james.jpg   Jersey Shore Wedding at Sundown-pam-james-2.jpg   Jersey Shore Wedding at Sundown-pam-james-3.jpg  
    Dave Christenson-
    Head Photographer for Eastern University

Eastern Athletics
    Photos can be purchased at Christenson Photography

Email at ChristensonPhoto@gmail.com

n8

Re: Jersey Shore Wedding at Sundown

In #1 it looks like the sign in #3 caught your strobe...should be an easy clone job. I think the other two could stand to be cleaned up a bit in the sense that while you have a very nice sunset for a backdrop, the power lines and such take away from that a bit I think. Are those plastic cups in the sand on #3? I think overall though the use of the bg and your strobe turned out very well.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Thanks for your critique. I will take that into account. Most of the time I like to leave the photo as is unless there are glaring objects that take attention away from the subject. Try to do as little Photoshop as possible to keep it natural.
    Dave Christenson-
    Head Photographer for Eastern University

Eastern Athletics
    Photos can be purchased at Christenson Photography

Email at ChristensonPhoto@gmail.com

In light of your last post, #2 is the strongest by virtue of having the least amount of background distraction. I agree with n8's critique, and with the idea that these really are very simple straightforward fixes which would vastly improve #1 & 3. Another option for #3 would be to switch to a vertical crop, eliminating the offending garbage and sign to camera right.

love the lighting. the 2nd one is great.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

For feeling I like #1. I really like the flow of the vail into the clouds. I would like a tighter crop left and eliminate the white black white striped thing, loose some sky and right frame.
    The focus should be on bride and groom not the beach.
    Typical wedding is shot #2 (not a bad thing). Again, crop tighter and tone down blown out light on the horizon. Brides face is a bit too shiny.
    #3 is a fun shot.

Ed

First one is effing brilliant.

I like the first one the best. My comments would be to crop some off the left side and off the top and right side to make it a much tighter crop. I would also turn down the saturation some to make it look more realistic and get rid of the sign on the left side. I would also get rid of the bright spots in the groom's hair. Very nice shot! Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the thing that bothers me about the first and third is the ground. I think that's why i prefer the 2nd one. i wish it was more of a white sand that the brown 'muddyish' ground that they have.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

GB1

They're good and emotional, but seem a tad oversaturated and contrasty. I second that small cleanup could help the photos. With the bottom one, I think cropping out the entire ground area would be better. The sign is a little different, and some people like that. On the top one, that sign reflecting the light back to you really really needs to go. Glad that this was a good Sept 11.

-GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information