Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Beauty-Roberta

Beauty-Roberta

Re: Beauty-Roberta

Excellent crystal clear capture. The skin tone, texture, and detail are fantastic in every way.
    The negative is that it is tightly cropped in the left. I can see sharp cropping artifacts around her face, neck and shoulder. I'd blur those edges to blend them with the background. I'd also run the blur tool on the top of her ear to blend in the thin white line.
    The most difficult part is that her eyelashes are washed out in the background. This could have been avoided when you worked on the background. Now, I'd try to re-draw them using different opacity brushes, this would be easier if you use tablet instead of mouse.
    Last edited by Asmarlak; 06-17-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmarlak View Post
    Excellent crystal clear capture. The skin tone, texture, and detail are fantastic in every way.
    The negative is that it is tightly cropped in the left. I can see sharp cropping artifacts around her face, neck and shoulder. I'd blur those edges to blend them with the background. I'd also run the blur tool on the top of her ear to blend in the thin white line.
    The most difficult part is that her eyelashes are washed out in the background. This could have been avoided when you worked on the background. Now, I'd try to re-draw them using different opacity brushes, this would be easier if you use tablet instead of mouse.
    thank you for the suggestions... that's my problem...been using a mouse all the time.

Very nicely done, Phil. I would also have liked to have seen a bit more frame on the left, but no deal breaker. The eye lashes will be tedious but should not be too difficult to restore.
    Fine work here.:thumbsup:
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Wow, what a shot. I'd have liked to see a bit more room on the left. Exquisite tones.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

I'm hesitant to comment on this for a lot of reasons, but I love the image. Great-looking model. You've caught a great angle and expression.The crop at left is uncomfortable to me, but a lot of well-established photogs have done similarly, so my general thought is that there is no right or wrong.

Nitpicking like a muthaphucka here... the bright areas below her left eyebrow and inside of ear look a little hot to me; I sorta wish they could be toned down, but maybe I'm wrong.

I would also (ever-so-slightly) blur the lines that Asmarlak mentioned.

The detail in the eyes, lashes, and hair is phenomenal. Was this the 7D? What lens, etc. did you use? What is your preferred method of sharpening?

The watermark is a vast improvement from your earlier days here... except that I think you could even stand to lose the name part.

No tablet? All the more impressive. Amazing work overall.

Thread Information