Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Big Bald Man @ Russian Rooms

I dislike selective colouring (except when I do it!)
    From a recent trip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Bald Man @ Russian Rooms-moscow-man.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Re: Big Bald Man @ Russian Rooms

nicely seen and a good shot. I'd be tempted to correct the peripheral lens distortion and maybe crop the half windows on the right and go for just the four. I think it would work nicely as plain mono, too. Nice.

Agree with the four window square crop, but I really like the selective color effect, that adds to the image here by making a part of the image stand out so much more than if it was B&W
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Tom I have never been real big on selective coloring. But this works. I would like to see an edit with just a little color in the wall. Composition is perfect.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thank you all very much for taking the time.
    Cropping the windows as suggested would end up with a square picture, which in this case I would not like. But I understand where you are coming from.
    Greg, this is probably my first and last effort with selective colouring. I think I dislike it almost as much as I dislike HDR.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Thread Information