Beach at Punta Perula , Tiny town between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo
    on the Pacific coast of México

1 second exposure, single Exposure, plenty of shadow recovery in LR4.2

Mixed white balance for the water and the rest of the image
  • 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
    n8
    Re: Beach sunrise
    1. Beautiful.
    2. I wish you would have panned to the left just enough to get that sign out, and bring the sun in a bit more.
  • 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM
    armando_m
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks nate,

how about this one ?
    I didn't share this initially as it has some blur under the hut created by someone walking in the water
  • 10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
    draymorton
    The tree and rock would have been cut off (or right against the edge) if you had panned left past the sign and it would have looked cropped. OTOH, bringing the sun in from the left would have been a good thing. You could clone out the sign if you wanted, but it's not a big deal.

Excellent shot and series.
  • 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM
    GB1
    Armando, looks like a nice place.

The second post works a lot better for me. Small reasons (though they add up..), such as the sun being more at the 1/3rd point, it is slightly warmer, slightly sharper, and somehow the hut area looks cleaner. This one may suffer a tad from lack of a defined subject, but again somehow the 2nd post seems to pull all the elements together better. Also, I don't like the sign with text in the first post because it makes me want to try to read it, but it's too small to read.

The rock looks sharper on the second post. It really should be razor sharp if you used a tripod: what lens did you use?
  • 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM
    draymorton
    The second post is definitely an improvement, but I'm not sure if I like the tree being cut off. Tree/sign... give/take, I guess.
  • 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
    armando_m
    GB, yup great place ! thinking of maybe going back and scuba dive :) next year maybe, shot with a 24mm f/2.8 AFD, it can produce bad LCA but LR handles it great, very sharp from F5.6 until F11, it is tiny and very affordable!

Thanks Dray